Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Actually Not a Narcissistic Bitch. That's Just My Beer.

My husband and I recently made a beer that we named "Narcissistic Bitch." 

There are reasons for that name: it is, on the one hand, a play on "Arrogant Bastard Ale," but it's also a nod to the exact names I was called this past year because I dared--and still dare--to write about teaching! (Needless to say, it has been one hellish, crazy year.) 

I decided on an homage to Wonder Woman (it's not precisely WW) for the label because Doug has always said that I remind him of this particular female superhero. That's sweet...but it's a lot to live up to, and certainly, I look less like Wonder Woman with every passing day. Still, I'll take it. Wouldn't you?

I drew this label with Staedtler markers and washed over them with a bit of watercolor. I had to do that, to get the skin tone, but the marker ran a bit. It turned out pretty well, nevertheless. 

I had no gold paint, so I 3D'ed it with actual glitter. This is a scanned color copy of the original artwork.

Narcissistic Bitch was, without a doubt, the best beer we've ever made. It was a chocolate porter, but honestly, not really chocolaty or weird. It was like Winter Welcome (if you've had that)--just a bit richer.

We will make more soon. In the meantime, I get many requests to see the label. I scanned it and I am not all that happy with the scan, but it's the best I can do here. 

Happy Icy February!

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful label for your beer. And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Wish I had some more...hope the next batch turns out as well. I still have plenty of these labels, so there will be a Narcissistic Bitch II.

    Best,

    EC

    ReplyDelete